The Ocean Patterns: Embryological and Fetal Motor Development
Workshop With Mark Taylor 2018
Sunday, October 7, 1 – 5 pm
Frederick Meeting House
723 N Market St, Frederick, MD 21701
Click here to Purchase Event
Refinement and awareness of our early motor patterns can liberate our bodies from learned habits of coordination and restore pleasure and ease to movement. The Ocean Patterns workshop invites psychologists and therapists, movement professionals, and body workers to explore and embody the intra-uterine, fluid movement patterns that form the basis of the way we relate to ourselves and the environment, including:
- Cellular breathing and cellular touch as the foundation of presence
- The double-layered membrane as the foundation of inner and outer focus
- Sponging and pulsation as the foundation of mobility
- Navel radiation as the foundation of pleasure in the body
- Mouthing as the foundation of the parasympathetic nervous system
This workshop gives you an opportunity to enjoy a day of restorative movement, broaden your sensory perception, and acquire new skills for repatterning movement.
Participants should wear loose and comfortable clothing that will accommodate movement, and
bring blankets, mats, and/or cushions to provide comfort for movement explorations on the floor.
Participants will be eligible for a 10% discount on the Coherence in Motion Training that will begin in
Silver Spring, MD in March 2019.
For more information contact Mary Liz Austin email@example.com